How to Incorporate CBD Into Healthy Recipes Throughout the New Year
As it turns into the New Year, people are considering New Years Resolutions and bad habits they want to leave behind in 2019. For many this involves a commitment to more exercise, picking up a new hobby or taking on a healthier diet, like adding CBD recipes to their daily routine.
Changing your diet to something healthier and more nutritious can be difficult to maintain, especially with all the temptations out there! However, if you can find a selection of recipes that are easy to make, taste delicious and helps to improve your body’s overall health, then you will be well on your way to achieving you 2020 health and fitness goals!
How CBD can help be incorporated into your daily diet
As you may know, CBD oil is the new supplement which is taking the world by storm. It can be incorporated into cosmetics, drinks, oils and edibles with the purpose of helping to maintain homeostasis (balance) within the body and mind. Due to its wide-ranging utility, CBD can easily be included with the food you ingest each day, making it a simple way to get your daily recommended dose of CBD at the same time of trying out new, healthy food recipes.
You may have already read our article on how to cook with CBD oil, so to follow on from this, we have put together 3 CBD recipes that we at Naturalis have tried and tested ourselves, all-vegan free containing a high nutritional value.
Having a bowl of porridge is an excellent source of energy and is the perfect meal to break the fast from the night before. In fact, oats are among the healthiest grains available. They are a gluten-free whole grain and provide important vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants into the body.
Furthermore, oats are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates which help to maintain energy levels throughout the day. Unlike certain sugars which give you a spike of energy followed by a crash, foods like porridge provide slow-release energy, making it a perfect food to compliment your new fitness and exercise goals.
Below is a simple recipe for you to try yourselves, with the addition of healthy, CBD oil treat to compliment your breakfast meal:
- ½ cup (60 g) of oats
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) of a plant milk of your choice– (we would recommend hemp milk which has a naturally sweet taste)
- 2 bananas
- 2-4 drops of CBD oil
- Blue Berries
1. Place the oats and the milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
2. Add 2-4 drops of CBD Oil (we would recommend starting with our 500mg Oil) into the mixture whilst it is cooking.
3. Stir occasionally until the oats are cooked (roughly 10 to 15 minutes).
4. Once oats have softened, serve the porridge in a bowl of your choosing.
5. Add one sliced banana and a handful of raspberries and blueberries on top.
If you are looking for a sweet addition to this recipe, our CBD honey is a perfect addition. Simply take 1 teaspoon and mix into the porridge once it is cooked.
CBD Vegan Salad
Salads are a healthy, cheap and quick method of refueling your body during a busy day or prepping the night before to take into work with you. Salads can come in different varieties in which you can add or remove any ingredients of your choosing. They can provide you with a natural source of fiber, a high intake of healthy fats and can help with weight control.
In addition, nuts, seeds and beans are an excellent source of protein to be added to your salad and can be an excellent substitute to meat. Naturalis has put together a recipe for a vegan-friendly salad with the inclusion of CBD oil that will provide you with a high percentage of nutrients, healthy fats and source of protein. This is one of the CBD recipes that you need to get familiar with.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Small pack coriander, chopped
- Small pack parsley, chopped
- 1 Red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Lemon, squeezed
1. Start by draining the chickpeas and cutting the parsley and coriander roughly
2. Cut up red onions into very thin slices
3. Cut avocados and tomatoes into small cubes
4. Add olive oil and squeezed lemon into a small bowl and add 2-4 drops of Naturalis Broad Spectrum CBD Oil, mix well.
5. Add the chickpeas, red onions, avocados and tomatoes into a large bowl.
6. Pour lemon, olive and CBD oil dressing evenly over the salad.
To keep on the trend of hemp, why not try dressing the salad with hemp seeds? It is a brilliant source of protein and fibre to add any salad or food of your choosing.
CBD and Gluten-Free Fruit Smoothie
Much like salads, smoothies are a great way of combining a variety of fruits, seeds and nutrients into a single meal to be taken as a light lunch or a post-exercise dinner. One such ingredient to our Naturalis smoothie is Kale. Kale is amongst one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps immune function and is packed with powerful antioxidants such as Quercetin.
In addition, thanks to our Water-Soluble CBD dropper, you can also incorporate your daily dose of CBD effortlessly into this smoothie. Using state of the art liposome technology, the CBD will fully dissolve into your drink to ensure minimal waste and maximum effectiveness!
- 1 Medium ripe banana (frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (or blueberries)
- 1 Heaped Tbsp of hemp seeds
- 2 Cups of frozen or fresh kale
- 2/3 Cup 100% pomegranate juice
- ¾ Cups of filtered water
- Water-soluble CBD
1. Place the banana, berries and kale into the freezer the night before.
2. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, adding more water depending on how diluted you wish it to be.
3. Add more banana or berries for added sweetness. (hemp milk is another natural sweetener which is a delicious addition!)
4. Serve immediately in a glass of your choosing.
Brownies are one of the worlds most favourite desserts and it’s clear to see why. You know exactly what you’re going to get and it’s not like you can reinvent something as simple as a brownie! Or can you? CBD Brownies has to be the most delicious way to consume CBD. Mixing the CBD into the mix along with some dark chocolate chips and ground almonds makes this a CBD recipe that you don’t want to miss out on.
- 200g Almonds
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 160g Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- Half tablespoon of salt
- 10ml CBD
- 50g Coconut oil
- 100ml milk
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 180g chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 160 Celcius.
2. Link your baking tray with 20 x 20cm parchment paper and grease.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Mix the wet ingredients in another large bowl.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix them together.
6. Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips into the bowl.
7. Put the brownie mixture into your tray and make sure the top of the mixture is even throughout the tray.
8. Add the last 1/4 of chocolate chips to the top of the mixture.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Use the parchment paper to remove the brownies and enjoy!
All these simple recipes can easily incorporate products from the Naturalis range. If you are new to taking CBD oil or are looking for a different way to take your daily dose, then give these 3 recipes a try and let us know how you get on!